Wok to Walk, the DIY noodle bar, is taking over Mitte. But, what should you order?
Wok to Walk invited us to their Checkpoint Charlie branch to try out their three-step create-your-own-Asian-streetfood menu. The idea is simple: you want something quick and healthy, so you 1) Choose your noodles/rice/quinoa 2) Choose your ingredients and toppings and 3) Choose your Asia-inspired sauce.
They then fry up your chosen dish in a theatrical fire-wok exhibition in front of you and suddenly your food is ready.
But then, how do you choose between udon and rice noodles? Duck, pork or shiitake mushrooms? Oyster sauce or teriyaki? With 16 options for ingredients and eight sauces, plus eight base noodle/rice options… where do you start? There are 25 vegan combinations alone before you consider anything else.
We asked Wok to Walk’s staff their favourite wok combinations.
According to the guys at Wok to Walk, their menu quickly picked up in the neighbourhood for the veggie and vegan options available, but here are their three bestsellers:
1) Quinoa (vegetarian + tofu + broccoli + cashews + Bangkok curry coconut
2) Jasmine rice + scampi + broccoli + Shiitake mushrooms + Beijing Oyster sauce
3) Egg noodles + beef + paprika mix + mushrooms + Tokyo Teriyaki
If you want the insider’s tip, here are the staff’s top three own creations:
1) Veggie dish + tofu + cashew nuts + cherry tomatoes + Hot Asia sauce
2) Whole-wheat noodles + tofu + broccoli + Hot Asia + Sesame seeds topping
3) Egg noodles + baby corn + broccoli + mixed peppers + Tokyo sauce
NetWok Happy Hour for the Community – 11th of January, 6–9pm
NetWok is a local networking event (see the pun?) organised by Walk to Wok. The first edition is this Thursday at 6pm at their Zimmerstrasse location.
Join them this Thursday for an evening of conversation, a special dinner offer and free drinks, and the opportunity to generate new ideas and projects. That’s right, I said free drinks.
Wok to Walk
Bikini – 2 Hardenbergplatz St.